I interview coach and consultant Devi Clark, on the journey from misfit to pioneer, and how your most painful experiences as an outsider can help you create a more just and beautiful world.
In this interview you will learn:
* How you can transform the pains of being an outsider into the gifts you offer the world
* Why being an outsider can help you thrive as a creative and social entrepreneur
* Which gifts and strengths you hone when you don't fit in
* What are the ways you can tap into vibrant communities that will appreciate your gifts and honour your differences
* How connecting with the misfit part of yourself can lead to a greater sense of belonging than conforming ever could.
About Devi Clark Devi Clark of New Leaf Coaching experienced the pain of being an outsider because of her colour and cultural origins. For many years she worked with refugees and migrants, some of the most determined yet discriminated against people in society. She helped them develop new careers and businesses. Today she coaches career changers who feel that they don't fit to find their vocation and express who they are in an ethical career. She also works with charities and social enterprises to improve their impact.
Devi lives in the countryside and hour away from London, England with her two children and husband. She is author of the forthcoming book "The Outsiders Manifesto: The Journey from Misfit to Pioneer.
Katie Curtin helps creative artists, heart-based entrepreneurs and innovators thrive while following their passions and making a difference in the world.