Virtual Conversations with Today’s Creative Leaders and Innovators
Radical Self Nourishment: Healing for Changemakers
Join us for this month's cafe event on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 1PM Eastern where I'll be interviewing Sound Healer and Yoga Teacher DeborahBrodey. Deborah helps healers and activists get out of burnout mode, teaching them radical self care.
We'll be discussing why is it that so many of us who so bravely march out to heal the world have so many challenges giving ourselves the care and compassion we so readily give to others.
And, why is it so important that we break from these patterns, taking the time to deeply nourish ourselves.
You will find out:
* why as a healer you need healing
* how filling your own well is not selfish but essential to doing your great work"
* How your voice can be an incredible tool for self nourishment
* the power of ceremony to heal yourself and the earth
* how shame and guilt about not "having it all together" in your personal life and practices can be holding you back and what to do about it
We will also explore why spiritual work doesn't have to be so #&*! serious and how to cultivate more joy and humour in daily life.
About Deborah Brodey Deborah A. Brodey , M.A. Adult Ed, has been a lifelong journeyer travelling the world or the nearest park or ravine. She is a Sound Healer/Practitioner, Yoga & Meditation teacher, Ceremonial leader and singer. Deborah specializes in teaching and facilitating Radical Self-Nourishment processes for healers, teachers and change agents. She assists them to come into right relationship with themselves, others and the earth. She works through the container of her business Soul Sound Co-Creation.
Bring a cup of your favorite brew to the call, sit back in a comfortable chair and enjoy! Bring whatever questions you have, too!